Broncos Announce $140,000 Profit at Annual General Meeting
The Swift Current Broncos hosted their Annual General Meeting at the Curling Rink Lounge of the Credit Union i-Plex Tuesday Night. Liam Choo-Foo, Chairman of the Swift Current Broncos Board of Directors announced a profit of $140,000 for the 2015-16 season.
“Fortunately through the great fan support and extraordinary efforts from our staff we were able to take a difficult on-ice season and turn it into a profitable year off the ice,” said Broncos Board Chairman Liam Choo-Foo. “ An operational deficit of roughly 90,000 was brought to a profit of 140,000 due to extraordinary income from World Curling and the Memorial Cup. Moving into next year, we will not have that extraordinary income available but are excited by the renewal that is occurring with the team on the ice under the leadership of Manny Viveiros, so be sure to buy a ticket and come see our new brand of Bronco Hockey.”
Highlights of the AGM included
- The Swift Current Broncos announced a profit of just over $140,000 due to the Women’s World Curling event where the Broncos took on the management of the box office, the concession, the suites and shared in the management of the beer stands with the Swift Current Curling Club.
- Attendance was down by just over 7,000 people last year which would have resulted in a $93,000 loss had it not been for the extraordinary revenue we received last year.
- The Broncos cash on hand remained the same as the previous year and the team is in good financial shape.
- Swift Current Broncos staff and players contributed 795 hours to Swift Current and surrounding communities last year up 150 hours from the previous year and donated $5700 worth of merchandise and tickets to various community fundraising events.
- The regular season record was 24-38-7-3.
- The team finished fifth in the East Division and 10th overall in the Eastern Conference.
- Jon Martin led the team in scoring (41 goals, 32 assists for 73 points and finished eighth overall in WHL goal scoring and 24th in the league in points.