Broncos unveil Hockey Day in Canada game jerseys
The Swift Current Broncos are excited to unveil their jerseys for next Saturday’s upcoming Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada game vs. the Saskatoon Blades at the Innovation Credit Union i-Plex at 5:00pm CT.
The unique-looking uniforms reflect on both the Swift Current Broncos team colours and Canada with their alternate Broncos logo embedded within a white maple leaf on the front crest.
The jersey also pays tribute to the 30th anniversary of the 1989 Memorial Cup Champion Swift Current Broncos as well implementing the four leaf clover patch in remembrance of the four Broncos players that lost their lives in the 1986 bus accident.
“I’m extremely excited to be a part of such a momentous celebration of Hockey Day in Canada!,” said former Swift Current Broncos skater and jersey designer Taylor Vause. “In working closely with Broncos’ Director of Business Operations, Nathan MacDonald, we wanted this jersey to not only honour the historic 1989 Memorial Cup Championship team, but also to represent the community of Swift Current, the Broncos organization and our great country. I think we were able to capture that with this jersey design and I hope fans feel the same way.”
The jerseys are also available for bidding online through CHL Auctions. Those interested in bidding on authentic game-worn jerseys can visit the CHL Auctions page.
ONLINE BIDDING INFORMATION
- Visit the auction website at auction.chl.ca.
- Create an account
- Follow the auctions and bid on your favourite player’s jersey
IN VENUE BIDDING INFORMATION
- Bidding agents will be available during the game to input in-venue bids into CHL Auctions
- Visit our bidding area at the February 9th home game
- Fill out a bidder card.
- Submit your bid with a live bidding agent.
- The bidding agent will enter your bid into CHL Auctions and inform you of your bid status after entering the bid.
- If your bid is less than the current maximum bid, the bidding agent will inform you immediately of a subsequent bid.
*Bids online and in venue will be recorded live to the CHL Auctions page.
February 9th we’ll wear special edition jerseys to celebrate @scotiahockey Hockey Day in Canada and commemorate the 30th anniversary of the 1989 Memorial Cup winning season. Game worn jerseys will go up for auction this weekend. Here is a sneak peek at our Feb. 9th unis. pic.twitter.com/MDwE6Jxfpi
— SC Broncos (@SCBroncos) January 31, 2019
CHL AUCTION INFORMATION
- CHL Auctions will try to win the auction for you at the lowest price possible and automatically bid for you based on your maximum bid. For example, if the current bid is at $390 and you enter a maximum bid of $500, CHL Auctions will bid $400 on your behalf and only increase if another bidder bids higher. You will continue to win the auction until a bid exceeds your $500 bid.
- The auction will end at the scheduled time, or five minutes after the last bid, whichever comes later. For example, if you submit a bid with 45 seconds left in the auction, the auction timer will reset to 5 minutes. This will continue until no new bids are submitted.
JERSEY PICK UP INFORMATION
- Following the game on February 9th, each jersey will be washed and signed by the respective player. Jerseys will be available for pick up on a to be determined date the following week.
- Local Pick-up – FREE
- Within Saskatchewan – $15
- Within Canada – $18
- United States – $25
- CHL Auctions will automatically charge the credit card of any successful online bidders following the closing of the auction.
- Successful in venue bidders will be required to pay following the auction closing at The Stable.
Call 306-773-1509 ext. 1 or visit the Stable during regular box office hours or head online at tickets.scbroncos.com to purchase tickets to the game.
For more information about the 2019 Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada Alumni & Celebrity Classic, please visit scbroncos.com/shdic-alumni-celebrity-classic.