Swift Current, Sask. – In response to the recently announced provincial government mandates, the Swift Current Broncos organization will be implementing strict mandatory mask policies for both of the upcoming pre-season home games scheduled for September 17 and September 24. These protocols include:
- Mandatory masks must be worn by all attendees, and at all times throughout the game while in the iPlex.
- No food or beverages will be sold during the game, in order to ensure masks will not need to be removed at any time.
- Attendees who remove their mask at any time will be asked to leave the venue. There will be a zero-tolerance policy implemented.
- We encourage everyone who is eligible to receive the Covid-19 vaccinations to get their shot to help prevent the spread and harm from Covid-19, and we will continue to host vaccination clinics at the iPlex for both of the preseason games. We had many first and second shot vaccinations at our Blue Vs. White preseason game, and are grateful for those that participated.
- Anyone who gets a vaccine shot at either of the two home games will receive free entry into that game, along with any accompanying children under the age of 12.
- Any season ticket holder eligible for a vaccine who receives a shot will get a signed puck from one of their favourite Broncos.
The additional measures of removing the sale of food and beverage are the result of thorough consultation with our committee of team doctors and key stakeholders. The Broncos’ committee of team doctors are deeply invested in the health and safety of our community and our players, and it is at their insistence that we do not operate a public gathering without these additional measures to ensure full adherence to mandatory mask wearing, and further prevent the spread of Covid-19.
This group of doctors represent those that are leading our community’s health recovery efforts with the Covid-19 pandemic, and are tirelessly working to keep our friends and family in the community, and in the hospitals, safe and healthy. The Swift Current Broncos organization deeply values the perspective and expertise of our team doctors, and simply cannot operate without their support and guidance.
The dangers posed to our community by the Covid-19 virus, including the exponentially contagious delta variant, are substantial and extremely concerning. We support the provincial government’s decision and It is our hope that by implementing these measures for preseason, and the further proof of vaccination measures when required, we will reduce the impact on our community and allow the Broncos to continue to play throughout the year. Additional details on the proof of vaccination measures for our October 1st home opener will be announced at a later date.